Friday, May 1, 2015

The Chaplet of Divine Mercy

Divine Mercy Rosary Chaplet
The image of the Divine Mercy was revealed to Sister Faustina Kowalska. She was of the Sisters of Our Lady of Mercy. The rays coming from the heart of Christ represent the blood and water which came from his pierced heart when he died. It reads, "Jesus, I trust in You." Jesus revealed to Sister Faustina:

Say unceasingly this chaplet that I have taught you. Anyone who says it will receive great mercy at the hour of death. Priests will recommend it to sinners as the last hope. Even the most hardened sinner, if he recites this chaplet even once, will receive grace from My infinite mercy. I want the whole world to know My infinite mercy. I want to give unimaginable graces to those who trust in My mercy.

What a beautiful gift He has given us! How can we turn away from such grace? Do you know that there is nothing you can do to earn this grace? Nothing you can do to wash away the stains of your mistakes and awful decisions. But there is also nothing you can do that is so horrible, sick, disgusting or twisted that God won't forgive you? All you need to do is trust in Jesus. Say it! Jesus, I trust in You!!

The prayers of the chaplet are beautiful. Read them here:

You expired, Jesus but the source of life gushed forth for souls, and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fount of Life, unfathomable Divine Mercy, envelop the whole world and empty Yourself out upon us.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of your dearly beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion have mercy on us and the whole world.

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and the whole world. Amen!!

No comments: