Thursday, March 21, 2013

And....we're back!

It's a little embarrassing to know it's been something like 6 months since my last blog post. I have had every intention of maintaining my blog and it simply got away from me! Christmas came and went. Wow, what a busy season! And now I'm back to blog again.

Last weekend I had the pleasure of attending the West Fest Craft Show in New Lenox, IL. Met several new folks and got to see lots of interesting crafts. This weekend I'm heading to A. A. Stagg High School in Palos Hills for their craft show. The show runs Saturday from 9 to 4 and Sunday from 10 to 3. Stop by and check out the goods!

I added lots of Beach and Sea-inspired jewelry to the shop as well as more garden tea party themed items. I have felt tea pot brooches made from my own pattern. I hope to add one with a Union Jack on it as a nod to the tea-kings, the British.

Tea Pot Felt Brooches
I've added a few felt plushies, too. I haven't been able to devote any more time to them than the few I have in the shop, but they are a compliment to the angel ornaments that I started making in November. The patterns are from Gingermelon on Etsy - she is an amazing pattern- and doll-maker. I love this new medium of felt and polyfil because it lets me exercise my other crafting skills. I used to sew regularly, making clothes, curtains...I've even upholstered a few chairs in my time. But I love smaller projects with hand-sewing. And felt is so comforting - soft and warm. And it comes in so many yummy colors!

So, I will report back after my craft show this weekend. I'm glad to be back in the blogosphere again.

No comments: