Monday, July 23, 2012

Dog Lovers, Help!

Okay friends, I need your help, especially if you're a dog lover.

I've noticed that one of my most popular shop items is a pendant made with vintage dictionary illustrations of dogs. Unfortunately most old dictionaries don't have a wide variety of breeds, and none of the vintage books have the newer "designer" breeds, like a Golden Doodle for example.



So I'm trying to come up with ideas for original jewelry using your favorite dog breeds as inspiration. Lots of people love dogs, and the odds are in my favor that you do too! So please, let me know your favorite dog breeds in the comments section below. I'll give you some to choose from, but feel free to leave your own if it's not listed. In no particular order...



  • Poodle
  • Labrador Retriever
  • Great Dane
  • Bull Dog
  • Golden Retriever
  • Beagle
  • Dachshund
  • Greyhound
  • Doberman Pinscher
  • Schnauzer
  • Mastiff
  • Rottweiler
  • Chihuahua
  • Maltese
  • Pomeranian
  • Pug
  • Shih tzu
  • Yorkshire Terrier
  • Boston Terrier
  • Chow Chow
  • Collie
  • Border Collie
  • German Shepherd
  • Australian Shepherd
  • Pit Bull
  • Cocker Spaniel
  • Saint Bernard
Thanks everyone! I really look forward to seeing your responses!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Your right about the newer breeds, but my Dad had a set of Encyclopedias, you know a book for each letter, must of been circa 1970's might have been but might have been 1960's, had a huge section on Dogs under D, my oldest brother and I used to spend hours looking at the pictures and reading the breed descriptions.

I'm partial to Pomeranians, I just lost my oldest best friend he was the sweetest Pom ever!